Dr. Kines is an international authority on functional nutrition, in particular clinical applications of evidence-based recovery protocols for chronic and acute Epstein-Barr Virus and gastrointestinal and autoimmune conditions. She is highly committed to ongoing research and to blending the best of science and healing practices to best support each person, which translates into popularity and high success rate with her clients. She also is focused on the best ongoing trainings available in the country, which started with her graduate nutrition degree at the prestigious Bastyr University.
Dr. Kines is an Amazon best-selling author on Epstein-Barr Virus and is a sought out speaker on the topic. She is also committed to training the new generation of nutritionists, NDs, MDs and functional medicine practitioners in EBV management through The EBV Educational Institute she founded.
Dr. Kines enrolled into the first ever functional clinical doctoral program in nutrition as soon as it was offered and before that, she was sought out by Johns Hopkins’ Integrative Medicine and Digestive Center where she worked closely with Dr. Gerard Mullin, a renown functional medicine gastroenterologist.
Fully in practice since 2005, Dr. Kines has helped close to 2000 individual clients recover from EBV, Hashimoto’s, SIBO, IBS, auto-immune and gastro-intestinal disorders.
- Doctoral Program of Clinical Nutrition; Maryland University of Integrative Health, 2017
- Master’s of Science, Clinical Nutrition, Counseling Track, Bastyr University (the Harvard of Natural Medicine), Kenmore, WA 2005
- MA Master’s Degree, English Philology, Gdansk, Poland 1992
- Doctor of Clinical Nutrition
- CNS Certified Nutrition Specialist, board-certified by Nutrition Specialists Certification Board since 2006
- CN Certified Nutritionist, certified by Washington State Health Department since 2005
- 2005: clinical nutrition practice West Sound Nutrition in Bremerton WA.
- 2006: Holistic Nutrition Naturally (HNN) in Baltimore, MD; Green Zone Detox Program
- 2006-2008: (in addition to HNN) nutritionist and a nutrition supplement specialist at Your Prescription for Health natural pharmacy.
- 2008-2010: HNN partnered with Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD upon invitation by Dr Linda Lee MD and Dr Gerard Mullin MD to be their first nutritionist at Johns Hopkins Integrative Medicine and Digestive Center, Lutherville, MD. Worked closely with Dr Mullin’s patients from Gastroenterology and Hepatology Department at JHU.
- 2010-2015 HNN partnered with Sunlight Natural Health Clinic, owed by Dr Janene Martin, Naturopathic Doctor.
- 2015-current: HNN moved to 100% virtual model, with teleconferences with clients nation-wide and internationally. Moved the Green Zone Detox Program to an online evergreen model.
- 2017: HNN relocated back to Seattle WA; published in a medical journal, completed her doctoral program, launched Clinician EBV Training Program, and launched EBV Help resource website.
- 2018: published the book on EBV
- 2019: Launched EBV Recovery Program, an online program for people with EBV.
Major Medical Conferences/Trainings:
- Food as Medicine Conference: Food As Medicine: Integrating Nutrition into Clinical Practice, Medial Education and Community Health (2008)
- Advanced Professional Training in Functional and Clinical Nutrition under Dr Liz Lipski, PhD, CCN at Innovative Healing (2013)
- Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) Modules:
- SIBO Center at National College of Natural Medicine:
- 1st SIBO Symposium: Current Perspectives and Management of IBS (2014)
- 2nd SIBO Symposium (2015)
- 3rd SIBO Symposium (2016)
- 4th SIBO Symposium (2017)
- 4th SIBO Symposium (2018)
EBV Poster: IFM Annual International Conference – “Solving the Puzzle of Autoimmunity: The Interplay of Gut, Genes, and Environment” (May 2018)
EBV Poster: American College of Nutrition – “Personalized Nutrition. Translate the Science of Nutrigenomics into Practice” (Nov 2018)
Publications: see this page for details
- Institute for Functional Medicine
- American College of Nutrition
- Board for Certification of Nutritionist Specialists
- Global Association of Holistic Psychotherapists
Disclaimer: Dr. Kines is not a medical doctor, she does not claim to diagnose nor treat diseases. She supports the whole person with nutrition and lifestyle interventions.
Dr. Kasia Kines, Seattle based Nutritionist, CEO and founder of EBV Educational Institute
Virtual clinic serving the US and globally
If you want to transform your life, if you want health and wellness, if you want peace of mind, there isn’t a better investment than working with Kasia.~ Beth