National Institute of Health, supports internal use of aloe vera juice for viruses, autoimmune diseases and HIV
Especially during a time of impending health crisis, it is good to have a tool kit, a go-to, some simple tools at home you can tap into that support your body on multiple levels: immune, gut, anti-microbial….
Aloe vera juice is one of those superstars. In fact, I am sipping it as I write this article. We always have a case at home, and we definitely do not want to run out during the COVID-19 epidemic. Hundreds and hundreds of my clients have benefited from using it. I have been drop-shipping cases of aloe vera juice to my clients all over the US for years because of how multi-faceted aloe is.
I use Ultimate Aloe vera Juice by Nutrametrix and will refer to it as Nmx aloe in this article.
Caution with Aloe Vera Juice
I immediately want to alert you not to buy any aloe vera juice unless the company specifically assures you that the detrimental naturally occurring ingredient, latex, has been removed from the juice. I will explain that in more detail further in this article. Aloe juice can be dose dependent, and that is relevant for therapeutic effects when you want to rely on more than 2 oz a day.
Healer Heal Thyself: My personal Experience
There’s nothing like a personal necessity: while I knew of benefits of aloe, it wasn’t until I got sick to experience what it could do. One weekend, we visited Tacoma Park, MD and went to a vegan restaurant. It was a hole in the wall, and I reluctantly ate there (I just was not sure about their food safety). Sure enough, by Sunday I had some stomach ache, unusual for me, and by Tuesday night I was bent in half in pain and couldn’t sleep. I woke my husband up as I remembered we had some aloe in the fridge, so I asked for it. He gave me 4 oz, I drank it and tried to sleep. Nothing happened. I nudged him again. He brought me another 4 oz. Within about one minute, the pain stopped completely. We looked at each other and said, “What just happened here?” I fell asleep right after, and that was the end of my food poisoning. Till this day my husband says I had to get sick to notice this aloe and how powerfully healing it was.
I had food poisoning one more time before a trip to a conference: out of a blue I started to violently throw up at night. I never get sick but I was so sick that I slept 24 hours, but whenever I woke up, I just drank this aloe, probably drinking the whole 32 oz bottle, too sick to eat. Next day I woke up and I was back on my feet as if nothing happened.
When I reached out to Nutrametrix colleagues, I heard similar stories, so I did my research and was deeply impressed. I dove in with my clients, and never stopped: consistently clearing stubborn H. pylori, Barrett’s Esophagus or Esophagitis and more. I used to get bronchitis from AC every summer, but when I started to gargle the back of my throat with the aloe whenever I thought I was catching it, I would stall it, every single season! Strep, fungus, EBV, gut issues, ulcers, immune system… I continue to get requests for whole cases (my commitment, to help cut down on the price) even from clients I haven’t seen for years.
Dosage for Aloe:
I specifically work only with one brand of aloe, the Nmx one, because of its quality and removal of latex. If you are using a different brand, your dose may be limited to 2 oz a day. Read about other precautions with 100% aloe vera juice later in this article.
- 2-3 oz 1-3 times a day depending on condition and needs: for EBV/strep-related throat issues: gargle in the back of the throat before swallowing
- In IBS, we may start even with a 32 oz bottle a day at the beginning (only Nmx brand though)
- 1-10 oz a day during cold/flu season
- For indigestion, heartburn: when and as needed until symptom is relieved (only Nmx brand)
- For esophagitis, strep, EBV, sip via a straw to get slow and repeated tissue contact
Here Are Established Benefits and Uses
- Antibacterial: In vitro data: Aloe gel is bacteriostatic or bactericidal against a variety of common wound-infecting bacteria in vitro: Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pyogenes, Serratia marcescens, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, E. coli, Salmonella typhosa and Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Aloe-emodin also inhibits the growth of Helicobacter pylori in a dose-dependent fashion, including the H. pylori that is resistant to antibiotic therapy. Nmx Aloe Vera is my go-to for H. pylori and I have a high success rate.
- Antiviral: In vitro data: Acemannan acts alone and synergistically with azidothymidine (AZT) and acyclovir to block reproduction of Herpes and the AIDS virus. EBV is a herpes virus!
- Antifungal (e.g., Candida albicans); in addition, if topically needed, use Nmx Aloe Vera Gel.
2. HORMONAL BALANCING
3. BLOOD SUGAR
Regulation of glucose in diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and hyperglycemia – pick natural flavor, Nmx Aloe
In a Pilot Randomized Placebo Control Trial of 2 aloe Vera Supplements in Patients with pre- DM or Metabolic Syndrome, by UC Davis Medical Center, CA, aloe vera significantly improved glycemic control in patients with metabolic syndrome with the average total cholesterol decrease from 206 to 186 and LDL from 135 to 118. Aloe significantly decreased fasting blood glucose.
- psoriasis; seborrheic dermatitis
- improves skin appearance due to increased collagen production
- improves elasticity and decreases wrinkle appearance due to polysaccharides modulating repairs to DNA damage
- helps with wound healing, burns, skin ulcers, athlete’s foot, cuts, abrasions
- polypepties and mannans are the two reasons why aloe helps promote normal skin health.
- cortisone-like compound found in aloe addresses minor skin injuries
- beta-sitosterols are plant sterols are responsible for aloe’s effectiveness as a moisturizer
Wound healing (skin, gut, etc.):
It is not clear which constituents are responsible for it: Acemannon (a polysaccharide) – may help promote skin healing by anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and immune-stimulating actions.
5. NEW CELL GROWTH
Six or more biogenic agents to stimulate new cell growth, including cinnaminic and salicylic acids.
6. IMMUNE SYSTEM
- aloe helps improve modulation of the immune system appropriately whether is it up- or down-regulated
- beta-glucomannans support immune system
- aloe protects from increase in gut dysfunction and maldigestion resulting from impaired immune system
- potentiates WBC activation
- increases number and activity of macrophages, natural killer cells, and monocytes
- In vitro data: Acemannan increases monocyte and macrophage activity and cytotoxicity, stimulates killer T-cells, and enhances macrophage candidacidal activity in vitro
- Acemannan also enhances macrophage release of interleukin–1 (LI-1), interleukin-6 (IL-6), tumor necrosis factor alpha, and interferon gamma (YAY- so important for EBV!!) in a dose-dependent fashion (only Nmx at higher dosage please)
- aloe vera juice promotes normal inflammatory response
- contains salicylic acid that blocks prostaglandin and thromboxane production from arachidonic acid, reducing inflammation
- also contains phytosterols that work as anti-inflammatory agents
- is effective in inflammatory conditions like stomach and duodenal ulcer, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s, IBS, gastritis, esophagitis
8. GASTROINTESTINAL SUPPORT
- Mucilage: aloe vera stimulates mucus secretion that protects and lubricates the GI tract (Nmx aloe vera powder version does not provide this support but the liquid version does)
- Gut Lining: Stimulation of growth of epithelial cells (the cells lining our gut); very supportive in gut damaged by chemotherapy, radiation, or other factors
- Tumor prevention; adjunct in cancer treatment
- Microbiome: promotes healthy gut flora
- Enzymatic support: aloe contains critical enzymes that trigger the chemical reaction of vitamins, minerals, and hormones for normal functioning of the body and that promote digestive health: carboxypepsidase (for proteins), amylase (for starches), catalase (for hydrogen peroxide), cellulase (for cellulose), and lipase (for water insoluble lipids); alkaline phosphates, SGO transaminase, SGP transaminase, lactic dehydrogenase, oxidase, peroxidase, catalase, bradykinase, gamma transaminase, and carboxypeptidase. Some of its enzymes break down toxins and dead cells! That includes dead EBV cells
- Motility: improves bowel motility and decreases stool specific gravity
- GERD/Heartburn and Hydrochloric Acid effect: through direct action on histamine receptors, aloe may support appropriate HCL levels and also has a buffering effect on HCL acidity without blocking HCL; it may promote bicarbonate activity, which can decrease GI discomfort
- Digestion: decreases bloating and flatulence after meals (studies by Jeffrey Bland, PhD and Linus Pauling Institute of Science and Medicine)
- Vitamin bioavailability increase for vitamin C, vitamin E , and vitamin B12
- Kidney stones: significantly increases excretion of citrate, calcium, and oxalate stones; potential for prevention of kidney stones
9. OTHER BENEFITS OF ALOE VERA JUICE
- cardiovascular protection
- canker sores
- genital herpes
Nutrients in Aloe Vera Juice:
Aloe vera juice is an impressive source of nutrients, not a well-known fact:
- 200 plus active components have been identified to date
- Polysaccharides, glycoproteins, urea nitrogen, creatine, potassium, choline, sodium, alkaline phosphates, saponins, sterols, and others
- Vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B12, choline, folic acid, vitamin C, and beta-carotene (a precursor to vitamin A)
- As many as 13 of the 17 minerals: calcium, magnesium, potassium, chloride, iron, zinc, manganese, copper, chromium, sulfur, aluminum, strontium, boron, silicon, lithium, phosphorus, nickel, and sodium. These minerals are vital in the growth process and essential for the function of all body systems
- Necessary triglycerides, including fats, oil, and waxes, which carry the fat-soluble vitamins, supply the fatty acids essential for growth and general health of all body tissues, and help supply energy; mono and polyunsaturated fatty acids – anti-inflammatory fatty acids
- 20 of the 22 amino acids needed for good nutrition: lysine, histidine, arginine, aspartic acid, asparagine, threonine, serine, glutamine, hydro proline, proline, glycine, alanine, cystine, valine, methionine, isoleucine, leucine, tyrosine, glutamic acid, and phenylalanine
- All nine essential amino acids that must be supplied from an outside source because the body cannot manufacture them
- Glutathione, a key antioxidant responsible for GI tract and detoxification
Why I use only Nutrametrix Ultimate Aloe:
Because of its safety, quality and potency:
1. Possibly harmful constituents have been removed
Aloe Latex contains anthraquinone glycosides, the main one being aloin, which should not be used by anyone with inflammatory intestinal disease like Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, or appendicitis. Latex should not be used by children, or by women during pregnancy or breast- feeding. In people with constipation, aloe latex should not be used for more than ten consecutive days (it can lead to dependency and fluid loss). The laxative properties can cause severe cramping, bloody diarrhea, and nausea. Latex occurs naturally in aloe and therefore, when juicing your own aloe vera plant, you will be exposed to it. Nmx aloe is virtually free of undesirable components such as aloin and other anthraquinones (aloin is at 1 ppm or less) confirmed by an independent university laboratory. This aloe is dose dependent BUT do not try this with a different brand please.
2. Certification by International Aloe Science Council (IASC)
IASC is a very stringent certification process by an independent lab for aloe content and truth in labeling; it certifies raw materials and finished products. The facility is audited annually and recertification is required every three years. This product has maintained this certification. Of other popular brands of aloe vera juice on the market, very few (like Lily of the Desert), maintain that certification, but even with that they may not have the potency of Ultimate Aloe by Nmx because more active constituents are added.
The processing of this aloe uses MAO weighted assay, branched at 1-4 and right pollysaccharides components. Its quality is analyzed for chemical and physical characteristics and in-vitro assays for monitoring biological activity. The manufacturer of this aloe vera juice is the only supplier with a full range of biological, chemical, and medicinal R&D capabilities.
4. Higher Bioavailability and Potency: 150%
“Activaloe” used is a patent that provides a specific polysaccharide molecular weight profile which has been shown to enhance bioactivity. Ultimate Aloe by Nmx contains three times more polymers than aloe gel and 50 percent more active components than is required to achieve maximum benefits by being consumed orally. That means it contains 150% aloe vera. Moreover, it contains BOTH aloe gel and aloe juice as opposed to many other products.
It is important to use aloe vera that has been processed in a manner to stabilize the aloe and stop the enzymes from continuing to break down the polysaccharides. This normally has to be done in the first four to six hours after severing the leaf from the mother plant. The manufacturer of Ultimate Aloe preserves the bioactive content of the aloe, which they have found to be the 50-100,000 molecular weight (mw or dalton) polysaccharides. Most processors fail to do this and end up with 5-50,000 daltons, which have considerably less bioactive capability (shown in immune restoration and cell proliferation studies).
Whole leaf is used in this product. Aloe is made from 100 percent aloe vera through a unique whole leaf process, using only certified leaves.
Order your Aloe now
Make Soda with Aloe
Do you want to make your own soda “with benefits”? Nmx Aloe (especially the pomegranate or strawberry kiwi) is a great alternative to a soda – all you need is a soda stream at home. Fill a fancy glass with 2/3 soda stream water and 1/3 Nmx aloe and enjoy. Learn more about that in another blog I wrote.
Gaby, Alan R. MD. The Natural Pharmacy 3rd Edition. 2006
Kemper, Kathi J. MD, MPH and V. Chiou, BA. Aloe Vera. Revised July 29, 1999. Longwood Herbal Task Force: http://www.mcp.edu/herbal/default.htm
Pizzorno, Joseph E. et al. The Clinician’s Handbook of Natural Medicine. 2nd Ed. 2008. www.nutrametrix.com/HNN
Dr. Kasia Kines
Nutritionist, CEO and Founder of the Global EBV Institute
Virtual clinic serving the US and globally
LEAVE A COMMENT
If you want to transform your life, if you want health and wellness, if you want peace of mind, there isn’t a better investment than working with Kasia.~ Beth